Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am have a hard time downloading big sur 11.3.1

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on May 4, 2021 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 10:11 AM

I am sorry you are having this problem. You don't say what the problem is. So, I will offer some generic advice for you. Are you using Wi-Fi to do the download? If so, it is often corrupted because it is just too much data for Wi-Fi. Better to use an Ethernet cable connection to your modem/router. If it is not nearby, consider temporarily moving the computer to do the download. If that is not possible, you may have to do several lengthy downloads via Wi-Fi to get one that is clean and is successful. And be patient, a download can sometimes take up to an hour, more or less, with another 45 minutes to load. I hope it goes well for you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 10:11 AM in response to BlurRaceR5

I am sorry you are having this problem. You don't say what the problem is. So, I will offer some generic advice for you. Are you using Wi-Fi to do the download? If so, it is often corrupted because it is just too much data for Wi-Fi. Better to use an Ethernet cable connection to your modem/router. If it is not nearby, consider temporarily moving the computer to do the download. If that is not possible, you may have to do several lengthy downloads via Wi-Fi to get one that is clean and is successful. And be patient, a download can sometimes take up to an hour, more or less, with another 45 minutes to load. I hope it goes well for you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.