Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to attach a photo? I don't see them in finder.

I am trying to attach a photo and cannot find photos in finder.

Honestly - the whole photo experience is really confusing.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 5, 2021 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 9:58 AM

Yes, that is normal.

It is not possible to browse photos in your photos library using finder. That is what the photos app is for.

You can of course use finder to browse individual image files not contained in a library. So for example, if you wanted to export files from the photos app to a folder, you could do that, and they would be visible in that folder using finder. You could also attach them to any app or website from that folder.

To export photos from the photos app, select them, and go to the file menu>export

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 9:58 AM in response to sofialeo

Yes, that is normal.

It is not possible to browse photos in your photos library using finder. That is what the photos app is for.

You can of course use finder to browse individual image files not contained in a library. So for example, if you wanted to export files from the photos app to a folder, you could do that, and they would be visible in that folder using finder. You could also attach them to any app or website from that folder.

To export photos from the photos app, select them, and go to the file menu>export

May 5, 2021 9:15 AM in response to sofialeo

It would help if you would be more specific. For example, what are you attempting to attach a photo to? Your second comment makes no sense. You say "cannot find photos in finder". What does that mean? What photos? If a photo is on your desktop, you can see it. Are you talking about the Photos app? If so, that app is located in your applications folder. If you wish to have finder access to the app, then drag its icon down to the Dock and that will place an alias of the app there.

How to attach a photo? I don't see them in finder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.