Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo order in Photos

Hello community, Can anybody tell me how to put my pics in photo like i ordered them in finder? Ignoring the time of creation, modfying, etc.?

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 5:59 AM

5 replies

Aug 30, 2022 7:36 AM in response to Keith Barkley

For photos in an album, you can go to View>Sort and have them arranged by title or date. You can also drag pictures around to put them in any order you like. But if you later choose title or date, your custom order will be unrecoverable. But if you want more than one ordering, you can make a second album with the same pictures in it, and they they can be ordered in that extra album as you like without affecting the first album's order. If you want to preserve a custom order, you can add titles to the pictures with numbers in the order you want, and then sort them by title. Keep in mind, the titles belong to the picture, not the album-- you can't have different titles in different albums.

Photo order in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.