Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri broken since 14.5 update

Ever since the update Siri stops talking mid-sentence or sometimes doesn't seem to respond verbally at all. I've reset the phone, but it didn't help.

Posted on May 5, 2021 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 3:35 PM

asoces wrote:

The current iOS version is 14.5.1.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

9 replies

May 6, 2021 5:28 PM in response to asoces

I’ve got an iPhone 1, iOS 14.5.1 and the same issue is impacting me. Tried all the usual fixes, all to no avail. The only thing I did since the 14.5.1 update was change voices for Siri, but changing back, even after turning Siri off and on, didn’t change anything. AND, it doesn’t happen all the time, just about 90%

May 6, 2021 6:04 PM in response to MKVance15

I was instructed by Apple support to use a Mac computer or iTunes on Windows to reset the phone. That downloads a fresh copy of the latest iOS to put on the phone (instead of updating what was already there, and probably corrupted). So far Siri’s been working fine.

Make sure you make a backup of the phone before doing this as everything will be wiped off it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.