Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message cannot be displayed.... iPad

Message cannot be displayed.... iPad.

Periodically when I create an email on my iPad, I see this message when I access the email in my Sent folder or in my inbox when I have copied myself:

”This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender [that’s me!] to send it again using a different format or email program.

text/plain”

Recently this has occurred, not in any particular order though is happening more frequently. What might be the cause and how do I stop it?

Thank you.

Posted on May 5, 2021 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 5:14 PM

mmjmason wrote:

I don’t now how else I would do it

Some possibilities:

• Use a different app (e.g., gmail)
  • Reply to a message instead of originating it. This is very likely the source of your issue.
  • Send something that originated in a different app (e.g., Safari) by appending or editing it.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 5:14 PM in response to mmjmason

mmjmason wrote:

I don’t now how else I would do it

Some possibilities:

• Use a different app (e.g., gmail)
  • Reply to a message instead of originating it. This is very likely the source of your issue.
  • Send something that originated in a different app (e.g., Safari) by appending or editing it.

Message cannot be displayed.... iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.