Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new imac will only pick up printing function not scanner from my HP All-in-one

New iMac is only connecting to printing function not scanning function on my HP Office jet pro 8600 All-in-one printer. I had no problem with old iMac

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 6, 2021 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 3:08 AM

Your profile shows macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and you have posted in the macOS Catalina community. When you upgrade to a new operating system, you need to confirm beforehand that the vendor has driver support for the destination operating system, as operating system-specific drivers are necessary.

If yours is the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One N911a model, then HP issued an update to their HP Easy Start product in Nov 2020. There was a firmware update released in Oct 2020 that you should consider too. The HP Easy Start tool will get the correct driver for this device and operating system. But you still need to re-add the printer to take advantage of the driver after you run the HP Easy Start application.

With the printer powered, visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and right-click on the OfficeJet entry. From that secondary menu, choose Reset printing system… When you re-add the device, select the specific driver for the OfficeJet Pro 8600. This will allow you to print, and hopefully, use Apple's Image Capture utility for scanning. There may be additional scanner setup settings on that Printers & Scanners preference page.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2021 3:08 AM in response to Bayjack

Your profile shows macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and you have posted in the macOS Catalina community. When you upgrade to a new operating system, you need to confirm beforehand that the vendor has driver support for the destination operating system, as operating system-specific drivers are necessary.

If yours is the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One N911a model, then HP issued an update to their HP Easy Start product in Nov 2020. There was a firmware update released in Oct 2020 that you should consider too. The HP Easy Start tool will get the correct driver for this device and operating system. But you still need to re-add the printer to take advantage of the driver after you run the HP Easy Start application.

With the printer powered, visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and right-click on the OfficeJet entry. From that secondary menu, choose Reset printing system… When you re-add the device, select the specific driver for the OfficeJet Pro 8600. This will allow you to print, and hopefully, use Apple's Image Capture utility for scanning. There may be additional scanner setup settings on that Printers & Scanners preference page.

My new imac will only pick up printing function not scanner from my HP All-in-one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.