Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send to Compressor not working

Issue

When I select 'send to Compressor' from within FCPx, Compressor launches. I then add the codec, location, and select 'begin'. The job is listed in the 'Active' window but fails to progress for 2 minutes. The job then fails, with the message 'Failed: System Error = -9074 (Unknown Error: - 9074). (see image)

First I tried FCS Remover, deleting the trash once completed. I still get the error message.

I then reformatted the Mac without a result.

I am able to export video and audio using the share option from within FCP, but not send to Compressor.

This is ok until I need to change the bitrate etc for a video. Any ideas?

I am not able to move to the next operating system due to driver issues (Apogee Symphony with Thunderbridge) No driver beyond Mojave.

My system

Posted on May 6, 2021 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 6:28 PM

First thing to do is give Compressor Full Disc Access.

It needs permission by you to send files out:

Al

Similar questions

5 replies

May 7, 2021 7:43 PM in response to deanos

deanos wrote:

Hi Al, it looks like that was the issue. Will test further today. Does this happen to everyone when installing Compressor? Since formatting and installing the operating system no changes were made to the privacy options.

Yes it happens to everyone once a new App such as Compressor is installed.

The first time you use an App or a device an App uses, the Mac asks if you want to give permission for the request.

If you say YES then the Privacy section is updated with a check mark in the box.

If you say NO then nothing is changed/saved.

The next time you use the App no permission request is made.

So you go to into Security>Privacy and manually add or remove permissions.

Al

Send to Compressor not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.