Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"View on Apple Music" broken after Big Sur 11.3/11.3.1 update

The feature "View on Apple Music" only works the first time you use it. After that, you need to restart the app in order for it to work as expected. This was not an issue before Big Sur 11.3/11.3.1 update.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Choose an artist in your library (Library - Artists - <choose an artist>)
  2. Click "View on Apple Music" on the right-top corner
  3. Apple Music artist page loads as expected
  4. Choose a different artist in your library (Library - Artists - <choose an artist>)
  5. Click "View on Apple Music" on the right-top corner
  6. Apple Music artist page does not refresh, still showing the previous artist

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 6, 2021 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 10:32 AM

After contacting Apple Support, I finally got this feature to work as expected after resetting my SMC and NVRAM/PRAM:

Reset SMC:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Thanks for your help!

Similar questions

5 replies

May 7, 2021 9:32 AM in response to danis039

Hi there danis039, 

Viewing the artist page by way of choosing ‘View on Apple Music’ is a handy feature and we do want you to be able to use it as anticipated. Let’s explore some basic troubleshooting and isolating and learn more about the issue. 

You mentioned noticing this after a software update, let’s check to see if the same behavior happens when signed in to a new user on your Mac. Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac You will need to sign in to the Music app with your Apple ID to access your subscription. 

Let us know what the results are there. 

May 9, 2021 11:09 AM in response to danis039

danis039, 

We appreciate you checking. You can, if you prefer, delete that test user. The following article goes over how and what to do with the Home folder. Delete a user or group on Mac

Since the situation is happening system-wide on your Mac and has started right after an update, we’d like to have you reach out to Apple Support, so they can take a closer look at the situation with you. 

Here’s the link to connect with them: Official Apple Support

Thank you. 

May 7, 2021 10:28 PM in response to danis039

I have this same problem, along with the Listen Now tab not working after the first instance. That is, if, for example, I go to Listen Now, then click New Music Mix, I can never get back to the main Listen Now page without quitting and restarting the app. I assume this issue and the "Show in Apple Music" problem are related. These problems first appeared for me in 11.3.1.

"View on Apple Music" broken after Big Sur 11.3/11.3.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.