Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri broken after iOS 14.5.1 ipdate

Ever since I updated to iOS 14.5.1, Siri has been unable to review voice dictations completely. For example, I would be dictating a text message with Siri, and when Siri is reviewing the text message, it does not complete the sentence and cut itself off at variable times into the review of the sentence. This only happened after the 14.5.1 update. I have tried everything including disabling Siri in the iCloud, logging in and out of iCloud, resetting Siri, and nothing has worked. I depend on Siri a lot to dictate text messages during CarPlay and this is causing a major problem. Can anyone suggest a solution please?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on May 6, 2021 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 7:23 AM

Yes, same issue here - it's starting to spread as a known 14.5.1 bug that hopefully Apple will listen too and fix ASAP as a safety issue. It impacts Siri, Messages, and apps like Maps - anything text to speech in CarPlay is basically useless now until resolved.

14 replies

May 22, 2021 10:31 PM in response to Gaz9

Certainly would hope so, wouldn’t surprise me if it’s sometime before that occurs. Not holding my breath. My son just picked up the newest Galaxy and it’s an amazing phone and the cameras blow Apple away. He’s been try to convert me for many years to jump to Samsung and I’m seriously considering switching it up when I decide it’s time to upgrade. Life’s to short!!!

Jun 6, 2021 11:33 AM in response to phmock

New update 14.6 is horrible made my 11 Pro lose battery in less than 2 hrs by just simple texts and reading!!!! Apple is screwing all of us and they don’t seem to give a CRAP!!! Bad enough the 14.5.1 ruined CarPlay and Siri now this ********!!! Seriously looking at Samsung next upgrade which may be sooner than I expected to do it!!! DONE WITH APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Siri broken after iOS 14.5.1 ipdate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.