Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 3gen touchscreen freezing issue

Hi, I have the common touchscreen problem where it becomes unresponsive at times. It has become very frequent. After contacting Apple support I was first told it is a known issue and they are working on it. But the next Senior advisor denied what the first person told me. After many more calls the last 3 senior advisors finally admitted that this is a known issue and they working on it. I was promised it's gonna be fixed 100% in the 14.5 update. Well, it did not got fixed! I called them again and was told that they know about the issue but I have to wait until some time in the future until they find the problem. No refund, no repair, just wait until they find the problem! It's a joke! It's over two months now dealing with that problem. Customer service is awfull, lying to me and making a fool out of me. Iam very disappointed and will take further action.

Posted on May 6, 2021 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 3:09 PM

Actually this intermittent, unresponsive touch screen issue has been going on now for over two years, now.

This touch screen issue seems to have started sometime at the very end of the very last major update iOS 11, beginning of iOS 12.

Affects a small, but STILL growing minority of 2017 10.5/12.9 inch screen iPad Pro users, 2019 10.5 inch iPad Air 3 ( that iPad based on the 2017 10.5 inch screen iPad Pro ) users AND even affect some much newer 2018 11 and 12.9 inch screen iPad Pro models, as well as some 2020, 10.9 inch screen iPad Air 4 models ( based on the 2018/2020 11 inch screen iPad Pro models ).

I have been monitoring this issue for the entire time that this issue began.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2021 3:09 PM in response to Master6Zen

Actually this intermittent, unresponsive touch screen issue has been going on now for over two years, now.

This touch screen issue seems to have started sometime at the very end of the very last major update iOS 11, beginning of iOS 12.

Affects a small, but STILL growing minority of 2017 10.5/12.9 inch screen iPad Pro users, 2019 10.5 inch iPad Air 3 ( that iPad based on the 2017 10.5 inch screen iPad Pro ) users AND even affect some much newer 2018 11 and 12.9 inch screen iPad Pro models, as well as some 2020, 10.9 inch screen iPad Air 4 models ( based on the 2018/2020 11 inch screen iPad Pro models ).

I have been monitoring this issue for the entire time that this issue began.

May 6, 2021 4:03 PM in response to MichelPM

Both, Apple Store and Apple customer service refuse to do anything expect to wait for further updates with hope that they fix the issue. I still have warranty for it but it ain't good here. I read in different posts that people did send their iPads to Apple and got them back with the same issue and were told that they could find anything wrong with it. Some even received bew one with the exact sane issue. I will keep you updated.

iPad Air 3gen touchscreen freezing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.