Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Acrobat Reader

i recently installed the update to Mac OS Big Sur version 11.3.1. I opened an Adobe PDF document I needed for work and it wouldn't let me sign in or open/print the document. I cannot shut it down or fore quit. I have been on hold with Adobe for 4 1/2 hours. I have several documents I need (PDF) to do my job and I can't open or close Adobe Acrobat Reader.... I may get fired! At 1pm Adobe guaranteed me a "support" call-back by 3pm. It is now 4:30pm and I called again and have been on hold for 45 minutes. How do I get Adobe Acrobat Reader to close on my MacBook Pro? I tried moving the application to my trash and it won't let me because the program is open. Adobe just said there are known issues but with COVID in India, "they are working on it". Does anyone have a solution for getting Adobe Acrobat Reader to shut down?

Posted on May 6, 2021 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 4:46 PM

CherylMackay wrote:

i recently installed the update to Mac OS Big Sur version 11.3.1. I opened an Adobe PDF document I needed for work and it wouldn't let me sign in or open/print the document. I cannot shut it down or fore quit. I have been on hold with Adobe for 4 1/2 hours. I have several documents I need (PDF) to do my job and I can't open or close Adobe Acrobat Reader.... I may get fired! At 1pm Adobe guaranteed me a "support" call-back by 3pm. It is now 4:30pm and I called again and have been on hold for 45 minutes. How do I get Adobe Acrobat Reader to close on my MacBook Pro? I tried moving the application to my trash and it won't let me because the program is open. Adobe just said there are known issues but with COVID in India, "they are working on it". Does anyone have a solution for getting Adobe Acrobat Reader to shut down?

If you can not force quit the App from the >Force quit

you have other options—

From the Activity Monitor>select the Adobe Acrobat Reader, click it open and quit the process or force quit the process.

You can always Force a shut down of the Mac by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 sec.

reboot as normal.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2021 4:46 PM in response to CherylMackay

CherylMackay wrote:

If you can not force quit the App from the >Force quit

you have other options—

From the Activity Monitor>select the Adobe Acrobat Reader, click it open and quit the process or force quit the process.

You can always Force a shut down of the Mac by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 sec.

reboot as normal.

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.