Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode problem iPhone11

Hi - My husband set up his new iPhone11 yesterday. He doesn’t remember being asked to input a passcode.

today, I picked up his phone to check on progress of a downloading app. Presumably because it didn’t recognise me, it required a passcode to use face recognition. He has no passcode & now the phone is disabled.

is the iPhone passcode the same as his iPad code? Can anyone help?

thankyou

Posted on May 7, 2021 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 11:02 AM

SusieQ_70 wrote:

Hi - My husband set up his new iPhone11 yesterday. He doesn’t remember being asked to input a passcode.
today, I picked up his phone to check on progress of a downloading app. Presumably because it didn’t recognise me, it required a passcode to use face recognition. He has no passcode & now the phone is disabled.
thankyou

In order to use face id a 4 to 6 digit code needs to be set up, whether it's the same code as his ipad, only he would know.

Proceed here If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2021 11:02 AM in response to SusieQ_70

SusieQ_70 wrote:

thankyou

In order to use face id a 4 to 6 digit code needs to be set up, whether it's the same code as his ipad, only he would know.

Proceed here If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Passcode problem iPhone11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.