Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete multple same names in contacts

My iphone 12 pro has duplicated my wifes name/ email address and one other name multiple times in my contacts. Not just a few but I believe to be close to 100 each. How did this occur and what can I do to fix it?

I hope to not have to delete each one individually. There must be some kind of solution to this, its 2021 right ? lol

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 7, 2021 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 1:20 PM

Only if you have access to those contacts on a computer. Still have to delete them but made a lot easier in most accounts accessed on computer browser or computer Contacts apps.

Advanced computer users may export, edit and reimport from whatever account they are saved in.

Prevention is usually by only turning on one single account in Settings, Contacts, Accounts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2021 1:20 PM in response to Stevestp

Only if you have access to those contacts on a computer. Still have to delete them but made a lot easier in most accounts accessed on computer browser or computer Contacts apps.

Advanced computer users may export, edit and reimport from whatever account they are saved in.

Prevention is usually by only turning on one single account in Settings, Contacts, Accounts.

how to delete multple same names in contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.