Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv activation failed

So I recently bought an Apple tv 3rd Generation, and set it up normally. I noticed some features were missing, in specific the appletv+ section, so I had a look in the settings and it says that activation has failed with the device. I have restored it about 10 times, turned router on and off, and restored it with itunes, but it still says activation has failed.

Note: The device doesn't even show up in my devices as if it is not being registered to me?

Any advice helpful.

Posted on May 7, 2021 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 1:30 PM

Hello aldoscw! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you're trying activate your Apple TV 3rd generation, but you're unable to. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help.

The following resource should help with setting up your Apple TV: Set up your Apple TV (3rd generation)

Make it a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 1:30 PM in response to aldoscw

Hello aldoscw! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you're trying activate your Apple TV 3rd generation, but you're unable to. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help.

The following resource should help with setting up your Apple TV: Set up your Apple TV (3rd generation)

Make it a great day!

apple tv activation failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.