Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does an open mail window not come up when you click on Mail

It used to be that if you had an open Mail window and clicked on the "Mail" icon, that window would come to the fore, and you could see your Mail. Now, you can click on the Mail icon all you want and nothing will happen - no new viewer window, no existing viewer, no nothing shows up. You have to go look in the icon bar for pre-existing "Mail" instances, or go to the Mail window and click twice to "Open New Viewer Window".

What is all this clicking about??? who does it serve???

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 7, 2021 4:04 PM

3 replies

May 7, 2021 5:33 PM in response to pss

what you are experiencing is not normal behaviour. when i have mail open with, say, safari opened in front of it, and click the mail icon in the dock, it pops up to the front. if the mail window is closed with mail being open or fully quit, it also comes to the front. i'm think you should download and run the free version of EtreCheck so we can see if you have some software that is causing your issue. make sure you give "full disk access" to etrecheck. read how to use it by reading Using EtreCheck. you can see how to post the report here by reading How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report. and it automatically obscures sensitive things (like serial numbers) so you don't have to worry about sharing the report here.

Why does an open mail window not come up when you click on Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.