Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Song List is Gone!

What has apple done with the listing of songs in my iTunes library? They were formerly listed alphabetically by artist > album > song number but now I click on "Songs" from the left-side menu and the screen is blank.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 7, 2021 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 2:37 PM

Hi liberAlan,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand the Apple Music app shows blank when you select the "Song" option. There are a few steps you can try:

Force close Music app and relaunch.

If this continues, restart your Mac.

Verify that you're signed in with your Apple ID. Sign in with your Apple ID

Be sure that your Mac is running the latest available macOS version. How to update the software on your Mac will get you on the right track.

Warm regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 2:37 PM in response to liberAlan

Hi liberAlan,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand the Apple Music app shows blank when you select the "Song" option. There are a few steps you can try:

Force close Music app and relaunch.

If this continues, restart your Mac.

Verify that you're signed in with your Apple ID. Sign in with your Apple ID

Be sure that your Mac is running the latest available macOS version. How to update the software on your Mac will get you on the right track.

Warm regards.

May 9, 2021 9:16 AM in response to ASTRO24

Astro24,

Thank you very much...problem solved. I think that this has happened before and, thus, I anticipate it will likely happen again. I somehow fixed it last time and did not recall how I did so. I am finding the new Music app has some seemingly needless quirks compared to iTunes but that may just be me.

Kind Regards,

liberAlan

Song List is Gone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.