Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store develops strange interface

I was checking a Mac mini for App Store updates. The updates page seems to have adopted a very old-fashioned interface that is muddling and hard to understand. I checked the System Status page, and App Store and Mac App Store are green so it's not like they're working on the application. It's never been like this before as far as I know.

The OS is High Sierra.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Posted on May 8, 2021 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 4:21 AM

Every High Sierra and below are experience the same issue. Apple seems to have stopped support for the Look But Not the functionality of the Apple Store. One can still check for updates etc.

Options to Upgrade to newer version of macOS may solve this issue - only of the computer Qualifies for a UpGrade. How to get old versions of macOS

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 4:21 AM in response to Alice-Charlotte

Every High Sierra and below are experience the same issue. Apple seems to have stopped support for the Look But Not the functionality of the Apple Store. One can still check for updates etc.

Options to Upgrade to newer version of macOS may solve this issue - only of the computer Qualifies for a UpGrade. How to get old versions of macOS

Jun 21, 2021 2:16 AM in response to fitrizull

Please understand these Forums are Apple Users to Apple Users only. As such, Apple is not here and will never heard you comments.

As previously mentioned and stating again for your benefit " Every High Sierra and below are experience the same issue. Apple seems to have stopped support for the Look But Not the functionality of the Apple Store. One can still check for updates etc. "

App Store develops strange interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.