Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Stores Updates looking rather basic

Hello All,

When I go into App Store Updates on my Mac, it looks rather basic - a bit like an old browser stuggling to display a modern webpage. It seems to be working but wondered if anyone else has had this problem and if there a fix or something I need to do to sort it.

Here is a screen grab since a picture paints a thousand words:-

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 6:52 AM

Others have noted that too when using older macOS versions.

You can tell Apple about this at products feedback links --> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

2 replies

Apr 22, 2021 6:56 AM in response to Limnos

It isn't unusual for older systems to exhibit irregularities when trying to interface with Apple's online services. I suspect sometimes it is a bug that Apple may eventually get around to dealing with. However, do remember that Apple likely prioritizes supported hardware and system versions. I have gone into an Apple Store with this kind of observation only to be told that I should be running a newer system, and if I can't then sorry, Apple no longer supports the hardware I am running.

App Stores Updates looking rather basic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.