Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch series 6 background multitasking app

i am using apple watch series 6. when i open multiple app and click the side button (not a crown button ),the last app only remains active and all other apps disappear. and that only one app can not get swipe left to close?

i have updated to latest watch os but it don’t seems to work.

how to solve this?????

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on May 8, 2021 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 7:30 AM

Make sure that you have set the dock for recents and not favorites

From your iPhone>Watch>Dock>

Also try force restarting your iPhone by whatever method your version calls for.  As soon as you see the Apple logo force restart your watch by holding in the crown and side button for 10 seconds till you see the Apple logo then release.  Log into your iPhone and wait for your watch to boot, then log into it

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 7:30 AM in response to Sagar7310

Make sure that you have set the dock for recents and not favorites

From your iPhone>Watch>Dock>

Also try force restarting your iPhone by whatever method your version calls for.  As soon as you see the Apple logo force restart your watch by holding in the crown and side button for 10 seconds till you see the Apple logo then release.  Log into your iPhone and wait for your watch to boot, then log into it

May 12, 2021 7:24 AM in response to Sagar7310

That sounds like pretty odd behaviour. Single tap with the side button should definitely not close any active apps.

I'm tempted to suggest unpairing and re-pairing your watch with your iPhone. That will take your watch back to factory settings, while keeping your apps and data intact. Start from here:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Here is a good summary of the backup and how that process works.

Back up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

apple watch series 6 background multitasking app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.