Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music stops playing stations after several songs

Inconsistent in the number but Apple Music on my desktop stops every time. I play my station, servers songs go by, it stops playing… hit play again, couple more songs play again.

this is really what I’m paying for? Bout to switch back to Spotify. Infuriating.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 8, 2021 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 6:03 AM

Hello,

I have the same issues with Apple Music. Not only radio stations stops playing without any reason after several songs, but also my own playlists as the playlist in Apple Music stops playing without any reason after some songs.

This problem is on my iMac with Big Sur 11.3.1

And there are a lot of other issues and bugs in Apple Music.......

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 6:03 AM in response to CarlAVII

Hello,

I have the same issues with Apple Music. Not only radio stations stops playing without any reason after several songs, but also my own playlists as the playlist in Apple Music stops playing without any reason after some songs.

This problem is on my iMac with Big Sur 11.3.1

And there are a lot of other issues and bugs in Apple Music.......

May 9, 2021 1:28 PM in response to bennow

bennow,

Thank you for these additional details. Have you had the chance to check if the issue persists on a different user account?

The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Also, do you have any accessory that is connected or paired with your device? If yes, have you had the chance to check if the issue persists if you disconnect or unpair your accessory?

These details can help us isolate accessory-related issues.

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

May 9, 2021 11:21 AM in response to bennow

Hi bennow,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about Apple Music. Rest assured that we'll do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that radio stations will stop playing on your desktop.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Would you please tell us which type of desktop computer you are using? Are you using a Windows computer or a macOS device?

Are you experiencing a similar issue when playing songs from your library?

Have you had the chance to try a different internet connection or Wi-Fi network?

These details can help us isolate the issue.

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

May 9, 2021 11:24 AM in response to karina184

Brand new M1 MacBook Pro. Wifi isn’t an issue as I get the same problem on multiple networks. It’s only playing radio stations, mostly custom stations. After some number of songs, it just stops. I hit play/pause to start it again and it replays the last song it played before stopping and then starts working again for some amount of songs.

May 9, 2021 12:19 PM in response to bennow

bennow,

Thank you for keeping us posted. Do you have a different Apple device that is signed in to the same Apple ID? If yes, are you experiencing a similar issue with your other device?

Also, would you please tell us which radio stations are affected?

Finally, have you had the chance to check if your Apple Music subscription is still active?

These details can help us in isolating the issue.

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

Jun 3, 2021 9:06 AM in response to Peke1

Exact same problem here... only on my own created stations. 1-2 songs maximum, then stops. This has only been happening since 11.3.

While we're at it, how come we can't do the infinity thing on stations we can do on our own playlists (to make it keep going with similar music forever)?

I do not think I am in the minority: I use Music all day at work as background, and it has become terrible for doing that. I wish we could bring back the ability to continually add songs to a station so you end up with more stuff you like... something Spotify used to let us do (I don't know if it still does, but I may have to go back there to find out).

iTunes got to be a hot mess at the end, but I'd go back to it over Music (especially on MacOS) if I could, as it gave you much more control......

Apple Music stops playing stations after several songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.