Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to play downloaded songs on Apple Music offline

I would like to start by mentioning that I have never experienced this problem until the update came that introduced lossless and dolby atmos audio options to the Apple Music. Afterwards, I redownloaded the songs to have them play dolby or lossless online and offline, and my songs would play for 10-15 seconds and then stop playing. It only continues to play when I turn my LTE on, so no offline playing.

I saw a suggestion under a similar question to change all options (download, stream, offline etc) to the same setting, and after choosing high frequency lossless on all 3 options and redownloading the songs, the same problem persists. Songs play for a couple seconds and then stop until I turn on internet.

I am seriously considering switching to Spotify if this issue is not fixed, which is a pity cause I did enjoy listening on Apple Music..

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 2:55 AM

Have you updated to iOS 14.7.1? It fixes.

1 reply

Unable to play downloaded songs on Apple Music offline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.