Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music - No way to change playlist header size?

I use Music on my Mac a lot to make playlists to suit my mood. These days, when I go into a playlist, slightly less than a third of the screen is just... dead space. The playlist header, with album art and description and all that, takes up a ton of room relative to the amount of information it contains. It limits the number of songs - the things I'm actually on that screen to see or sort through - which can appear at once. With 'list size' set to medium in Music Preferences, and looking in song view, I can see a grand total of 31 songs. If I was able to adjust - or better, get rid of - the header, probably another 15 or songs would be visible.

kalibhakta had the same complaint on 12/23/20, and the answer someone provided was to go into preferences and tick the 'song list boxes' to bring back the checkmark boxes by the songs, completely misunderstanding the nature of the grievance.

Is there any solution for this, or am I just stuck with it until Apple does another design revamp?

Posted on May 8, 2021 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 4:54 AM

Use Feedback - Apple Music - Apple to share your thoughts with Apple. Checking current behaviour in Catalina and Big Sur I see that when viewing as a playlist the header scrolls away, but when viewing as songs it doesn't. It would be nice if it scrolled away in both modes, and also in the Albums view as that too currently includes a fixed header area.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 4:54 AM in response to calantian

Use Feedback - Apple Music - Apple to share your thoughts with Apple. Checking current behaviour in Catalina and Big Sur I see that when viewing as a playlist the header scrolls away, but when viewing as songs it doesn't. It would be nice if it scrolled away in both modes, and also in the Albums view as that too currently includes a fixed header area.

tt2

Music - No way to change playlist header size?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.