Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invisible Launchpad Icon in the Dock

Hi, this morning, when I pulled up the Dock, I realized that my Launchpad Icon became invisible. The space is there and when I hover the mouse over, everything is as if it was there (the list of apps pops up and when I click it it opens). I just can't see the icon itself. I tried restarting my Mac, removing the icon and putting it back into Dock. Nothing helped. Btw. this is after updating the macOS to the newest version - I have the MacBook Air M1. Any ideas?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on May 8, 2021 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 4:51 AM

Start up your Mac in safe mode choose the Apple Silicon M1 version. When Safe Mode is done - it will attempt to do a Repair Disk, clear system Cache Files and only load Apple Software / extensions and Fonts. The process to eventually loading will be slower than normal time - This is Normal. Once logged in - the look and feel of the computer will be different - that too is normal. Test if Launchpad Icon appear normal or not. Stay in this mode for 7 - 10 minutes and then restart in Normal Mode and Test again.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 4:51 AM in response to lucietatransky

Start up your Mac in safe mode choose the Apple Silicon M1 version. When Safe Mode is done - it will attempt to do a Repair Disk, clear system Cache Files and only load Apple Software / extensions and Fonts. The process to eventually loading will be slower than normal time - This is Normal. Once logged in - the look and feel of the computer will be different - that too is normal. Test if Launchpad Icon appear normal or not. Stay in this mode for 7 - 10 minutes and then restart in Normal Mode and Test again.

Invisible Launchpad Icon in the Dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.