Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud on other mail apps... not allowing

Hello,

I tried searching but Firefox on this Galaxy fails to keep keyboard up?!

Anyway... thanks in advance.

I have tried Google mail app, outlook and the generic android mail app... each one fails to accept the username/password?!.

It is correct because I can go to icloud.com and log on fine with same exact credentials.

Is there some security feature that makes Apple fail to authenticate? ... anything that I can do?

Thanks!

Posted on May 9, 2021 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 8:04 AM

As you are using a non-Apple app to access your email, you are now required to use an 'app-specific' password in place of your normal iCloud password. In order to do this you need to set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, and for this you need to have either a Mac running El Capitan or above, or an iOS device running iOS9 or above.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 8:04 AM in response to Jagered72

As you are using a non-Apple app to access your email, you are now required to use an 'app-specific' password in place of your normal iCloud password. In order to do this you need to set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, and for this you need to have either a Mac running El Capitan or above, or an iOS device running iOS9 or above.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

iCloud on other mail apps... not allowing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.