Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods 2-Charging and maximising battery life

Hi, i bought airpods gen 2 recently. I wanted to make sure I am charging them properly, all i see is a orange light while charging and green when its full. My question is, is it ok to charge the airpods case to full every time and is it ok if it occasionally dies out completely. Also, if the airpods are in the case all day will they keep charging all the time and will that damage the battery in the long run? Is it ok if i keep them out of the case so that they can discharge during the day. Appreciate if you can explain me briefly, i have read about this but still not convinced. Thanks

Posted on May 9, 2021 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2021 10:24 AM

Hello khajotia,

We see that you are wanting to make sure that you are charging your AirPods as effectively as possible, is that right?

We’d be happy to help!

You can take a look at Charge your AirPods and learn about battery life for information on the AirPods battery and charging.

Have a great day.

3 replies

Airpods 2-Charging and maximising battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.