Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought an iPhone 12 and when I wanted to set it up it asked me to get near an apple device that own which is it happened to be my wife! Now I have all her details instead of my old one! What can I do?

I bought new iPhone 12 and when I turned in it asked to get any of my apple devices near by and it downloaded all the set up and data from that device what can I do to remove

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on May 9, 2021 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 10:38 AM

Erase all settings and reset it, then turn off wifi and bluetooth on your wife’s phone and set up your phone as a new one or from a back up you made. If you are away from your wife’s phone even if it is switched on it wont detect it. Btw why did you opt to copy her data? Didn't you get the barcode to scan? It clearly states that it will make a copy of that particular iphone in range.

Anyways, reset it and set it up again. I hope that helps

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 10:38 AM in response to 7elo

Erase all settings and reset it, then turn off wifi and bluetooth on your wife’s phone and set up your phone as a new one or from a back up you made. If you are away from your wife’s phone even if it is switched on it wont detect it. Btw why did you opt to copy her data? Didn't you get the barcode to scan? It clearly states that it will make a copy of that particular iphone in range.

Anyways, reset it and set it up again. I hope that helps

I just bought an iPhone 12 and when I wanted to set it up it asked me to get near an apple device that own which is it happened to be my wife! Now I have all her details instead of my old one! What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.