Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting a Dell P2721Q monitor to a 2019 27” iMac with 5K retina display.

I have tried connecting the P2721Q monitor to the iMac using a USB type C to USB type C cable and a Thunderbolt 3 cable. No success in either case. The iMac does not recognize the monitor ( I have tried forcing detection by using Detect Displays with no luck). Does anyone have a P2721Q monitor working on a 27” iMac with 5K retina display?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 9, 2021 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 7:14 PM

You're welcome.

Sorry I'm fresh out of ideas, other than testing a "USB-C to Display Port cable" and/or a "USB-C to HDMI adapter" Perhaps the advise from the last person at Dell is the best way to go.

6 replies

May 9, 2021 6:30 PM in response to den.thed

Thanks. I have been dealing with both Apple Care and with Dell Support. The last person at Dell support felt that the P2721Q might not be compatible with the iMac and I would have to return it.

Yet there is one thread in the Dell community which indicated that changing from USB type C to Thunderbolt 3 would resolve the issue. Unfortunately it did not.

Connecting a Dell P2721Q monitor to a 2019 27” iMac with 5K retina display.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.