Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook dies keeps dying without notice despite having 10-30% charge. What do I do?

Just as title says. My macbook dies randomly without notice despite having lots of charge left. Nothing seems to work, and its especially annoying with online school. Please help! :(

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 9, 2021 9:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2021 4:34 AM

A Free Application called coconutBattery may assist on seeing the heath of the battery. As Batteries are considered Consumable Products - the amount of charger will demise over time regardless of the number of Full Battery Cycles. The Full Battery Cycles can be viewed from About this Mac >> System Report and scroll down to Battery. Look on right panel and see the count and / or if a message is appears say " Service Battery " If that message appear - Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider and have them evaluate to battery as a replacement might be required.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2021 4:34 AM in response to explainlikeim5

A Free Application called coconutBattery may assist on seeing the heath of the battery. As Batteries are considered Consumable Products - the amount of charger will demise over time regardless of the number of Full Battery Cycles. The Full Battery Cycles can be viewed from About this Mac >> System Report and scroll down to Battery. Look on right panel and see the count and / or if a message is appears say " Service Battery " If that message appear - Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider and have them evaluate to battery as a replacement might be required.

Macbook dies keeps dying without notice despite having 10-30% charge. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.