Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotify stops playing when iPhone screen locks

I have an iPhone 11 and am on iOS 14.5.1.

I have been using Spotify with this phone through wired headphones for the entirety of lockdown and had no issues - suddenly today (10 May 2021) when my screen goes to auto-lock the music pauses and only comes back on if I unlock the phone and go back into the Spotify screen, it won't even play if I use the play button displayed on the screen whilst the phone is still locked.

Please can someone help, this is so frustrating.

Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 10, 2021 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 8:49 AM

Hello Polly1973,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We see that you are not able to play music with the Spotify app when your iPhone locks, is that correct?

We’d be happy to help!

Since your iOS is up to date, the next step is to make sure that the Spotify app is up to date as well.

If the issue continues, you may need to delete and redownload the app through the steps in Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2021 8:49 AM in response to Polly1973

Hello Polly1973,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We see that you are not able to play music with the Spotify app when your iPhone locks, is that correct?

We’d be happy to help!

Since your iOS is up to date, the next step is to make sure that the Spotify app is up to date as well.

If the issue continues, you may need to delete and redownload the app through the steps in Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Have a great day.

Spotify stops playing when iPhone screen locks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.