Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone, same gig, more $ for iCloud

I just bought a new phone with same amount of gigabytes as my previous model (going from iphone 8 to 12) and my monthly $0.99 iCloud storage isn't enough. Why?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 10, 2021 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2021 11:40 AM

iCoud Storage you pay for and iPhone storage are 2 different things unrelated to each other.

The fact that you have the same storage on your new iPhone as your last has nothing to do with how your iCloud storage is being used.

If you set the new device to backup to iCloud, then your iCloud storage now has a new backup to store there. So you are using double the storage in iCloud as before, since there's a backup for your new device and a backup for your old device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2021 11:40 AM in response to MamaMamaMama2

iCoud Storage you pay for and iPhone storage are 2 different things unrelated to each other.

The fact that you have the same storage on your new iPhone as your last has nothing to do with how your iCloud storage is being used.

If you set the new device to backup to iCloud, then your iCloud storage now has a new backup to store there. So you are using double the storage in iCloud as before, since there's a backup for your new device and a backup for your old device.

New phone, same gig, more $ for iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.