Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Something went wrong when displaying documents-Try again...

When trying to attach a file to any app that allows files attachment (outlook, mail or even messaging apps like Whatsapp etc) it would normally open files app from where you could pick up any document or documents to be attached. However that is not possible any more as the when you press the "attach" icon or you choose "document" icon the screen starts flashing for three times and then it comes up with the above error note. Then you need to close the application and reopen it as it crashes. As a result the only way to send documents is via the share icon from the files app directly and not from any other application. I think this issue came with 14.5.1. Surprisingly the problems appears only on my iphone (12 pro max) and not my ipad, which also runs on 14.5.1.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 11, 2021 3:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 7:38 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. The problem was that I could not see or choose files to be attached from any app. Apparently the problem was resolved after a hard reset. Now, it works ok, let's hope it will not come back...

Best,

G.

Similar questions

2 replies

Something went wrong when displaying documents-Try again...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.