Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 mini - smudge/blur when black turns to any colour

I've got a new iPhone 12 mini. One of the first things I checked is whether it's affected by the green tint issue. Luckily it is not. However I've noticed that whenever any colour is supposed to be displayed in a part of a screen that's black (like when scrolling) there is a moment when reddish blur appears (before the actual colour appears). It's only for a brief moment so it's rather impossible to take a photo/screenshot of it.

Apple Support in an article does state that there might be slight blur or change of colour in such scenarios and it's inherent to OLED displays, but because it's written in an ambiguous way I wanted to check if the effect I'm noticing is actually what Support refers to. Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

I should add that I had just updated to iOS 14.5.1 and I'm not sure if that issue didn't appear earlier or I simply didn't notice it earlier.

Posted on May 11, 2021 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 8:03 AM

Hello, jkorycki.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have concerns about your iPhone display.

It sounds like what you're describing is normal. Try turning off True Tone to see if you notice a difference: Adjust the brightness and color temperature on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 8:03 AM in response to jkorycki

Hello, jkorycki.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have concerns about your iPhone display.

It sounds like what you're describing is normal. Try turning off True Tone to see if you notice a difference: Adjust the brightness and color temperature on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers!

iPhone 12 mini - smudge/blur when black turns to any colour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.