Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mac mini M1 based bad scaling in 3440x1440 resolution.

Hi is there any upcoming fix maybe in an OS update for the bad font scaling in 3440x1440 resolutions?

I use a nice ultrawide @120hz. I it's a joy to use in windows 10. Font looks sharp. Just like 1440p (sweetspot imo at 27 inch)

My problem is that the text looks horrible when i connect it to my mac mini. Using USB-c to display port.

120hz works fine.

You can easily spot the scaling is off. And i already tried the disable font sharpening in mac os.

Such a shame i can't have it look ok.

The mac mini looks fine in 1080p or 4k. On my other screens.

So i am sure it's mac os problem with scaling to ultra wide resolutions.

Surely i am not the only one that uses 3440x1440 to increase my workflow?

Posted on May 11, 2021 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 7:38 AM

Re-check the M1 Mac Mini's "Video Support" at > https://www.apple.com/mac-mini/specs/

Simultaneously supports up to two displays:

• One display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz connected via Thunderbolt and one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz connected via HDMI 2.0

Thunderbolt 3 digital video output supports

• Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
  • Thunderbolt 2, DVI, and VGA output supported using adapters (sold separately)

HDMI 2.0 display video output

• Support for one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz
  • DVI output using HDMI to DVI Adapter (sold separately)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2021 7:38 AM in response to cor145

Re-check the M1 Mac Mini's "Video Support" at > https://www.apple.com/mac-mini/specs/

Simultaneously supports up to two displays:

• One display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz connected via Thunderbolt and one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz connected via HDMI 2.0

Thunderbolt 3 digital video output supports

• Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
  • Thunderbolt 2, DVI, and VGA output supported using adapters (sold separately)

HDMI 2.0 display video output

• Support for one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz
  • DVI output using HDMI to DVI Adapter (sold separately)

Apple mac mini M1 based bad scaling in 3440x1440 resolution.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.