Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The server response was: <smtpclient.apple>: Helo command rejected: Host not found

Your latest email client breaks the security features postfix because it's badly coded. Works fine in Thunderbird and was working fine until your *update*.

Can you fix this please, it was working until I updated to BigSur 11.3.1 (20E241)

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 11, 2021 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 11:53 AM

I had this issue with iOS after recent update where the server (postfix based) refused incoming email from the client.

As a bypass to solve it I did this: Changed protocol for authentication of outgoing (SMTP) email for the account from "NTLM" to "Password" on the iPhone and the fake smtpclient.apple domain is no longer sent in the HELO and the server is happy.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2021 11:53 AM in response to rfamb

I had this issue with iOS after recent update where the server (postfix based) refused incoming email from the client.

As a bypass to solve it I did this: Changed protocol for authentication of outgoing (SMTP) email for the account from "NTLM" to "Password" on the iPhone and the fake smtpclient.apple domain is no longer sent in the HELO and the server is happy.

The server response was: <smtpclient.apple>: Helo command rejected: Host not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.