Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

track order within album

In Songs view or playlist view the tracks are listed in descending order starting at the last track and ending with track 1. Hence this is the order they get played. I like to sort my songs by date added. I hope I've added a screenshot to illustrate this

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 11, 2021 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 4:57 AM

Neither iTunes or Music are capable of sorting in reverse date added order (but please put tracks from the same album in track order) for playlists or the main Songs list, however the Recently Added view does just this, so you can use that, and use it to add items to your playlists. To make the main songs list work this way you need to remove each album after adding to the library and add back one track at a time, in reverse order, at least one second apart. I built a script for this years ago in Windows but I don't have a matching AppleScript version.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 4:57 AM in response to nigelgreenx

Neither iTunes or Music are capable of sorting in reverse date added order (but please put tracks from the same album in track order) for playlists or the main Songs list, however the Recently Added view does just this, so you can use that, and use it to add items to your playlists. To make the main songs list work this way you need to remove each album after adding to the library and add back one track at a time, in reverse order, at least one second apart. I built a script for this years ago in Windows but I don't have a matching AppleScript version.

tt2

track order within album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.