Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming purchased movies on the iTunes TV app shut off after about 10-15 minutes.

When streaming purchased content on the TV app on my MacBook Air M1 2020, the movie screen shuts down after about 10 minutes. Restarting sometimes fixes the problem. Downloading the movie seems to help as well. I don't want to have to download a movie every time I want to watch it. This has been an issue since I purchased this machine.

For clarity, this isn't an Apple TV issue; it is the TV app on my MacBook.

Please help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 12, 2021 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 2:12 AM

What type of connected is being used - Ethernet Cable to Router or Wifi ? If Wifi - how many other devices are connected to the wifi when watching the the movie. Is the a VPN in play and if so what happens with VPN is Not Used. Have you attempted to do the movie streaming while booted in Safe Mode if yes does this fix the issue ? Are there any AntiVirus Software installed - Effective defenses against malware and other threats

Lastly - the Profile attached to your posting is MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2 - FYI there is an 11.3.1 available to update

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 2:12 AM in response to ryancharaba

What type of connected is being used - Ethernet Cable to Router or Wifi ? If Wifi - how many other devices are connected to the wifi when watching the the movie. Is the a VPN in play and if so what happens with VPN is Not Used. Have you attempted to do the movie streaming while booted in Safe Mode if yes does this fix the issue ? Are there any AntiVirus Software installed - Effective defenses against malware and other threats

Lastly - the Profile attached to your posting is MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2 - FYI there is an 11.3.1 available to update

Streaming purchased movies on the iTunes TV app shut off after about 10-15 minutes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.