Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV always stop while watching on MacBook Air M1 2020

While watching Apple TV movie on MacBook Air M1 2020, the movie always stops playing. I have never been able to finish any Apple TV movie on this Macbook. Usually the movies stop after more than 30 minutes streaming, today I try to watch, the movie stops playing after 2 minutes. The internet speed shows 40+ Mbps.

I also try to download Apple TV movies several times, it never works every time. No progress shows after 9 or 11 percent downloading.

Using same internet source/wifi, I try to watch Apple TV movies on my iPhone, nothing problem happen, I can fully watch all Apple TV movies (I don't try to download Apple TV movies on my iPhone yet since my iPhone memory is very low).

So what should I do to fix this problem?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 3:52 AM

As per user profile - running an out dated version of Big Sur 11.2. The latest version is 11.6 Big Sur. Notation : if truly running 11.2 - one will need to update to at least version 11.5.2 Before the 11.6 will install.

Regarding the Apple TV stoping - this may be related to above and or as per below

Point # 2 - Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation. The Built-in Security of Big Sur is all that is required.

Point # 2 A - Commercial VPNs should only be used if Mandated by Corporate Head Office for working remotely. Otherwise - ones Privacy and Security touted by the VPN is suspect. And they will slow the Internet Speed by between 15 - 30 % and or the Source is catching you are not where your Internet Connects appears to be coming from. Example: Physical location in Asia but watching USA Content.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 3:52 AM in response to kinun17

As per user profile - running an out dated version of Big Sur 11.2. The latest version is 11.6 Big Sur. Notation : if truly running 11.2 - one will need to update to at least version 11.5.2 Before the 11.6 will install.

Regarding the Apple TV stoping - this may be related to above and or as per below

Point # 2 - Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation. The Built-in Security of Big Sur is all that is required.

Point # 2 A - Commercial VPNs should only be used if Mandated by Corporate Head Office for working remotely. Otherwise - ones Privacy and Security touted by the VPN is suspect. And they will slow the Internet Speed by between 15 - 30 % and or the Source is catching you are not where your Internet Connects appears to be coming from. Example: Physical location in Asia but watching USA Content.

Oct 9, 2021 4:52 PM in response to PRP_53

I have the same problem with Apple TV plus showing on a Samsung TV that’s not even three years old. Every single program I try to watch it cuts out after five minutes and tells me the video is not available my Internet is fine! I never have this problem with any other streaming device! What is going on?? I may as well cancel my subscription.

Apple TV always stop while watching on MacBook Air M1 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.