Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to talk with Japanese customer service, but I cannot call the Japanese customer service because their phone number is free . I live in NY, and I cannot call free number from the USA

Hi,

I am Japanese, who lives in NY. Now, I am using icloud. I believe I belong to the Japanese Apple member.(?) I bought my iphone in the USA.

At this moment, I receive my monthly icloud bill from Japan. And, I cannot use the USA APP.

I would like to change my account belong to the USA. I mean that I want to pay my bill from the bank in the USA.

<Question1>

If I change my situation from Japanese member to the USA member , my data in icloud might be deleted or be missed ? As I saw how to change in my iphone at Apple store in Manhattan twice, but i saw the warning. And Apple staff said that it might be good not to change.

<Question 2>

If I cancel my using icloud, can I transfer all of them to my iphone ?

• Request

I would like to talk a Japanese speaker who is an expert.

Best regards,

Masayo HIDAKA

Posted on May 12, 2021 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 8:45 PM

If you live in the USA it would be good to change to the USA store. This will involve cancelling all subscriptions and if you are using extra iCloud storage beyond the free 5GB, that will be lost. Make sure you do a backup to a computer before doing this.

You may find you have problems paying for something on a Japanese account with a USA payment method. The whole system is set up that you do not try to do anything on an international basis. if you have a Japanese account it is because you live in Japan and can use the Japanese support services with a telephone number good for Japan. Once you move to the USA you change your settings to the USA and use the USA support services.

If you need help in Japanese, there is a Japanese language support forum similar to this one.

https://discussionsjapan.apple.com/welcome

Apple ID の国や地域を変更する - Apple サポート

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 8:45 PM in response to masayo200

If you live in the USA it would be good to change to the USA store. This will involve cancelling all subscriptions and if you are using extra iCloud storage beyond the free 5GB, that will be lost. Make sure you do a backup to a computer before doing this.

You may find you have problems paying for something on a Japanese account with a USA payment method. The whole system is set up that you do not try to do anything on an international basis. if you have a Japanese account it is because you live in Japan and can use the Japanese support services with a telephone number good for Japan. Once you move to the USA you change your settings to the USA and use the USA support services.

If you need help in Japanese, there is a Japanese language support forum similar to this one.

https://discussionsjapan.apple.com/welcome

Apple ID の国や地域を変更する - Apple サポート

I want to talk with Japanese customer service, but I cannot call the Japanese customer service because their phone number is free . I live in NY, and I cannot call free number from the USA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.