Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use private Wi-Fi addresses in iOS 14 No WiFi

Use private Wi-Fi addresses in iOS 14 No WiFi. Have reset the network setting with no luck. Have even gone and done a total reset of the whole ipad, still no good. No wifi with or without private Wi-Fi settings.

Not sure what the geniuses at Apple did but in the previous version of the iPad it worked perfectly.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on May 13, 2021 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 12:31 PM

I found the problem after trying unsuccessfully with Apple support.

I have a MBP 2014 and I have a VPN running most of the time on the same router that my iPad runs on. It seems though no one at Apple will say outright that with the 14.5.1 update to the iPad last week that Apple has stuck a hidden VPN feature in it without telling us. I can not connect to the router with the VPN running on my MBP, but as soon as I turn it off on the MBP the wifi on my iPad works. The feature in networking is called Private Address. Not sure why this is happening since I could run both my MBP and my iPad with my VPN running on both without any trouble.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2021 12:31 PM in response to higherterrain

I found the problem after trying unsuccessfully with Apple support.

I have a MBP 2014 and I have a VPN running most of the time on the same router that my iPad runs on. It seems though no one at Apple will say outright that with the 14.5.1 update to the iPad last week that Apple has stuck a hidden VPN feature in it without telling us. I can not connect to the router with the VPN running on my MBP, but as soon as I turn it off on the MBP the wifi on my iPad works. The feature in networking is called Private Address. Not sure why this is happening since I could run both my MBP and my iPad with my VPN running on both without any trouble.

Use private Wi-Fi addresses in iOS 14 No WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.