Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Sync 1Phone 12 pro with iMac

Why can't I sync 1Phone 12 pro with iMac

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on May 13, 2021 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 6:18 PM

Hello Corrie84 My problem has been resolved after a long workout with an Apple advisor. The problem was that I was using an Apple phone, iPhone 12 Pro with 5G capabilities, and my cellular provider had blocked access to that 5G service, apparently because of its expense!! Now I am anticipating that they will want me to pay more money for the 5G connection. The provider is Boost Mobile, a cheap provider that had recently been bought by T Mobile. I don't know who made that decision and why they didn't tell me this critical fact, especially as I bought the phone from them! The solution was for me thanks to my advisor who diagnosed it-kudos to her) to downgrade my phone to 4G (LTE) which I had been previously using on my iPhone 6 S for many years.

To answer your specific questions: the error message that I was getting was "no service", which meant that I could not sync my photos. I was running macOS Catalina, Version 10.15.7 (I can't upgrade to Big Sur as my desktop was bought in Late 2012 so they left me out because it was old to make the cut. I am running iOS 14.5.1 on my phone. Thank you for your interest in this matter.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 6:18 PM in response to Corrie84

Hello Corrie84 My problem has been resolved after a long workout with an Apple advisor. The problem was that I was using an Apple phone, iPhone 12 Pro with 5G capabilities, and my cellular provider had blocked access to that 5G service, apparently because of its expense!! Now I am anticipating that they will want me to pay more money for the 5G connection. The provider is Boost Mobile, a cheap provider that had recently been bought by T Mobile. I don't know who made that decision and why they didn't tell me this critical fact, especially as I bought the phone from them! The solution was for me thanks to my advisor who diagnosed it-kudos to her) to downgrade my phone to 4G (LTE) which I had been previously using on my iPhone 6 S for many years.

To answer your specific questions: the error message that I was getting was "no service", which meant that I could not sync my photos. I was running macOS Catalina, Version 10.15.7 (I can't upgrade to Big Sur as my desktop was bought in Late 2012 so they left me out because it was old to make the cut. I am running iOS 14.5.1 on my phone. Thank you for your interest in this matter.

Cannot Sync 1Phone 12 pro with iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.