Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max grey screen

My iPhone 12 Pro Max has a grey screen and despite numerous instructions it stays grey. The screen with the color pencils and options doesn't help. Anyone know any other options to get the color back?

Posted on May 13, 2021 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 7:49 PM

I think by "the screen with colour pencils and options" you mean when you go to Settings>>Accessibility>>Display & Text>>Colour Filters. In colour filters there is an option of Greyscale which turns everything grey. But turning this off didn't work for me when my 12 Pro's screen turned grey.

After alot of twiddling around in settings, I found out that there is a similar option of "zoom filters" in Settings>>Accessibility>>Zoom>>Zoom Filter. And if you've got Zoom enabled on your iPhone (which I had), going to colour filters in >>Accessibility>>Display & Text>> Colour Filters, won't do anything even if you turn off Greyscale mode there. You've got to go to >>Zoom>>Zoom Filter and turn off the the filters there to make the screen normal.

And if Zoom is not enabled on your iPhone, then turning off "Zoom Filter" in Zoom won't help. You've got to go to >>Accessibility>>Display & Text>>Colour Filters and turn off Greyscale filter there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2021 7:49 PM in response to ibraheem161

I think by "the screen with colour pencils and options" you mean when you go to Settings>>Accessibility>>Display & Text>>Colour Filters. In colour filters there is an option of Greyscale which turns everything grey. But turning this off didn't work for me when my 12 Pro's screen turned grey.

After alot of twiddling around in settings, I found out that there is a similar option of "zoom filters" in Settings>>Accessibility>>Zoom>>Zoom Filter. And if you've got Zoom enabled on your iPhone (which I had), going to colour filters in >>Accessibility>>Display & Text>> Colour Filters, won't do anything even if you turn off Greyscale mode there. You've got to go to >>Zoom>>Zoom Filter and turn off the the filters there to make the screen normal.

And if Zoom is not enabled on your iPhone, then turning off "Zoom Filter" in Zoom won't help. You've got to go to >>Accessibility>>Display & Text>>Colour Filters and turn off Greyscale filter there.

iPhone 12 Pro Max grey screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.