Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X Swollen Battery (Out of warranty)

As title says, my battery swollen so much the screen lifted out, I contacted the support and they suggested to take an appointment to the nearest Apple store (Japan).

Of course my phone is out of warranty and I'm ready to pay the battery price for it. But, what should I expect? (as additional info, my back glass is broken on the upper side.)

Anyone here having kinda the same situation got it fixed?

After researching on google, I read many possibles outcomes like:

• Genius Bar won't touch swollen batteries and just tell you to pay near retail price or buy a new model.
  • They will replace the whole device without opening it as it's dangerous (But mine has back broken glass, would they even do it?)
  • They can fix it if the screws are not broken.

By your personal experience which one is the likely one? I'm asking this also because I don't know if I should delete my data before going or in case of a replacement I can delete on the spot.

Posted on May 14, 2021 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 9:29 AM

Apple has repaired several of my devices with swollen batteries, so I would make an appointment with your local Apple Store and find out.

Normally they'd just charge the $69 battery replacement fee, but they usually require replacement of other broken items before they will replace the battery.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 9:29 AM in response to Shuten_douji

Apple has repaired several of my devices with swollen batteries, so I would make an appointment with your local Apple Store and find out.

Normally they'd just charge the $69 battery replacement fee, but they usually require replacement of other broken items before they will replace the battery.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

iPhone X Swollen Battery (Out of warranty)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.