Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only show podcast episodes I downloaded in iTunes

I've always downloaded my podcast episodes on my computer and then synched them. These are the ONLY episodes I want displayed in the iPhone Podcast app. How do I do this?

Long ago it would do this automatically. But then for some reason after I updated to 14.1 I had to manually delete all the non-played episodes I didn't want. I don't have cellular or wi-fi on for the app because when I did and then loaded the app all the work of deleting the listings would be undone and I'd have to do it again!

So, now I'm on 14.5.1 and I can't even figure out which ones I've downloaded and which ones I haven't.

Is there a way to just have it "Show Downloaded Episodes Only"?

iPhone SE

Posted on May 14, 2021 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 4:30 PM

Except you're still seeing a lot of Unplayed episodes you purposefully didn't download mixed in with the ones you did.

Thanks for your reply but after going through all the menu items I actually found the answer to my question...

Podcast -> Library -> Downloads -> Edit - Group By Show

This now shows the icons for each show and how many episodes I downloaded for each. It does NOT show all the extra unplayed episodes which is what I (and it seems a lot of people) wanted.

If you hit the icon of the show it lists them from newest-to-oldest. Also, if your show doesn't have any episodes downloaded it won't appear on the icon page until you do download one.

Thanks again for your time! :D

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 4:30 PM in response to cyberbiker

Except you're still seeing a lot of Unplayed episodes you purposefully didn't download mixed in with the ones you did.

Thanks for your reply but after going through all the menu items I actually found the answer to my question...

Podcast -> Library -> Downloads -> Edit - Group By Show

This now shows the icons for each show and how many episodes I downloaded for each. It does NOT show all the extra unplayed episodes which is what I (and it seems a lot of people) wanted.

If you hit the icon of the show it lists them from newest-to-oldest. Also, if your show doesn't have any episodes downloaded it won't appear on the icon page until you do download one.

Thanks again for your time! :D

May 14, 2021 11:26 AM in response to magusxxx

Try not to confuse downloaded and Played/Unplayed. Forget Downloaded . The iOS Podcasts app calls Podcast programs “Shows” like Axios Daily or BBC Global News (left frame below)..

To Follow a Show, tap the + in the upper right corner of the show window (left frame). To reach the settings for the Show tap the three dots in the upper right.

In the settings for a Show (right frame) you designate whether you want to access All Episodes or just Unplayed by Hiding Played Episodes. You can also list those episodes from oldest-to-newest or newest-to-oldest. Set all the options however you wish.

Only show podcast episodes I downloaded in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.