Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to auto correct word spacing in Pages

Recently I copied a document into Pages from a different word processor in which there were a number places in the original document with an extra space between words thinking I could correct the problem in Pages which is what I planned to use for the final draft. Is there a way in Pages that I can correct the extra space between words without having to go over the entire document line for line and word for word and make the corrections manually? It is a fairly long document and doing it manually would be tedious and very time consuming. Any advice would be much appreciated. I am using a 2018 MacBook Air running 10.14.6 and Pages 10.1.

Posted on May 14, 2021 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 2:18 PM

The easiest way is to use Find - Replace.

Press command-F to open the Find-Replace dialogue.

In the Find box, enter two spaces.

Click the 'Replace with' box and enter a single space.

Click Replace All.

If you are not certain there are no occasions of 'three spaces in a row', click replace all again.

If you want to limit these replacements to the space(s) between sentences, use ". " (period space space) in Find and ". " (period space) in Replace with. Repeat with ? and with ! where I've used . in this description.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 2:18 PM in response to jakegittes1974

The easiest way is to use Find - Replace.

Press command-F to open the Find-Replace dialogue.

In the Find box, enter two spaces.

Click the 'Replace with' box and enter a single space.

Click Replace All.

If you are not certain there are no occasions of 'three spaces in a row', click replace all again.

If you want to limit these replacements to the space(s) between sentences, use ". " (period space space) in Find and ". " (period space) in Replace with. Repeat with ? and with ! where I've used . in this description.

Regards,

Barry

how to auto correct word spacing in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.