Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When transferring iPhone to iPhone, I’m stuck on software update

When transferring iPhone to iPhone, I’m stuck on software update.

Posted on May 14, 2021 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 5:58 PM

The new phone must have an iOS version that is the same or newer than the old phone. If that isn’t the case you must first set up the new phone as new rather than transferring from the old phone, update it, then reset it to factory settings to transfer content to it.

7 replies

May 23, 2021 10:35 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I have bought a new iPhone SE and am doing the phone to phone transfer from my old 6S. I went through the whole update system (took about 5 hours) and the apps started to transfer, but then stopped. a day later still no change. I’ve been in to my apps store to re download previously purchased apps but it won’t let me. What next? I’m stuck between 2 phones

May 24, 2021 3:08 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hi Lawrence thanks for answering. It has actually resolved now - I'm not sure how. The apps were partially loaded saying "loading" for over 24 hours with no movement and when I clicked on each it paused it. That's all they would do. Last night I long-clicked on one of them to 'prioritise download', and strangely the app next to that one started downloading. I carried on with the others and off they went - one-by-one 'prioritise download' and the next door one would download.

I'm not even gonna question that, I will take it and run!

Thanks for your help

Penny

When transferring iPhone to iPhone, I’m stuck on software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.