Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 7 screen turned black, how can I fix it?

Last weekend I dropped my phone in water and quickly dried it off, took out the sim card and put it back and left it to charge. A couple hours later it was back to normal. Today, it was working just fine until randomly the screen went blank and the buttons didn't work, as if it died. However, it was plugged in the charger and was working minutes before. So just now I took out the sim card again and put it back and have tried force restarting it over and over... I don't know what else to do.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on May 14, 2021 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 10:52 AM

Time to get it in for a Service replacement, or by a newer one.

2 replies

May 25, 2021 8:10 AM in response to emmagasior

I have the iPhone SE 2020 with the current 14.6 iOS. The camera screen is turning black or is blurry. I can get the selfie screen but if I try to switch it back it freezes or goes completely blurry. I've had to turn it off and on again which helps but this happens randomly which is rather inconvenient when you're child is doing something really cute that you'd like to capture. Is there a fix to this problem?

My iPhone 7 screen turned black, how can I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.