Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts not syncing

my contacts does not sync to icloud. Its says there is no enough storage. However, i still have around 4gb of free storage left. My contacts are around 1000 entries only. Please can anybody let me know what the issue is ?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on May 15, 2021 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 1:56 AM

From your picture posted I see that your device is not backing up. You need to buy more iCloud storage to back up your device,

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2021 1:56 AM in response to Cellman88

From your picture posted I see that your device is not backing up. You need to buy more iCloud storage to back up your device,

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID

Contacts not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.