Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to buy an iPhone 12 Pro Max will it work in Canada?

Hi, I want to buy an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I found one on eBay and it’s from Sri Lanka. It’s model number is a2411 type and I live in Canada. Will it work in Canada with full functionality?

thank you!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 15, 2021 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 1:35 PM

Before buying any used iPhone read this→The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

As for coverage, if the phone was not originally sold for use in North America it will not support so-called gigabit cellular (millimeter wave). That’s not a big deal currently, as there is almost no mmwave deployed anywhere in the world except a few sites primarily for marketing purposes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2021 1:35 PM in response to Afusat

Before buying any used iPhone read this→The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

As for coverage, if the phone was not originally sold for use in North America it will not support so-called gigabit cellular (millimeter wave). That’s not a big deal currently, as there is almost no mmwave deployed anywhere in the world except a few sites primarily for marketing purposes.

I want to buy an iPhone 12 Pro Max will it work in Canada?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.