Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update iMovie

Hello, i have tried to update iMovie after i had updated the OS on my MacBookAir to 11.2.3

Every time i go to the app store and press update on iMovie it says 'sign into iTunes' I go

to iTunes, enter my user name and password and its says 'download' I press download and

the dialog box opens again 'cancel or download' I have tried signing out of everything to

try and log back in again and it will not work. Is there a way to sign out of iTunes?

any idea what the problem is?

Posted on May 15, 2021 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 6:50 PM

In the iTunes menu click on Account>Sign Out.

Try this procedure to update iMovie:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2021 6:50 PM in response to neglectsound75

In the iTunes menu click on Account>Sign Out.

Try this procedure to update iMovie:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Cannot update iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.