Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Big Sur Battery Drain Issue

Well I can see considerable battery drain in the MacBook. I own a 2015 MacBook 12 inch and trust me battery is losing its potential very fast. I hope there comes a fix for this issue if apple can update.

With a bug fix.

MacBook, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 16, 2021 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 2:52 AM

bharath189 wrote:

Well I can see considerable battery drain in the MacBook. I own a 2015 MacBook 12 inch and trust me battery is losing its potential very fast. I hope there comes a fix for this issue if apple can update.
With a bug fix.

The machine in question is 6 years old. Batteries are considered Consumable Product and as such over time the Capacity will degrade. That is unavoidable. It is suggested to open System Information and check on left the Battery and see the number of Full Battery Cycles and or any message saying Service Battery. Should that appear - time to do so and arrange for an evaluating by Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

If the battery health is poor - not Apple Software fix can bring it back

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 2:52 AM in response to bharath189

bharath189 wrote:

With a bug fix.

The machine in question is 6 years old. Batteries are considered Consumable Product and as such over time the Capacity will degrade. That is unavoidable. It is suggested to open System Information and check on left the Battery and see the number of Full Battery Cycles and or any message saying Service Battery. Should that appear - time to do so and arrange for an evaluating by Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

If the battery health is poor - not Apple Software fix can bring it back

Mac OS Big Sur Battery Drain Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.